Thursday March 8th is National Breakfast Day and Kellogg’s has partnered with Breakfast Clubs of Canada and Breakfast for Learning to launch the Share Your Breakfast program to encourage Canadians to help children who might otherwise go without.
Here are some facts and information on the Kellogg’s Share Your Breakfast movement!
Did you know?
- Studies show that breakfast can help kids boost their academic performance – improving behavior, reducing absences and tardiness and increasing focus and physical performance
- In Canada – 1 in 10 children live in poverty and are at risk of starting their day on an empty stomach
As part of this movement, Canadians are invited to celebrate National Breakfast Day with us on Thursday, March 8. Throughout the day and across the country we’ll be surprising Canadians with free mini-packs of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal to raise awareness about our country’s hungry children. In return, we’re donating to our National Breakfast Day charity partners. In essence, a bowl for you will equal a bowl for a hungry child.
There are a number of easy ways to get involved:
- Visit Kellogg’s website to view the breakfast video and share this important message with friends and family via social media.
- Pick-up a specially marked box of Kellogg’s cereal in-store for a unique pin code to redeem for a free breakfast item and;
- In return, Kellogg’s will make a donation to Breakfast Clubs of Canada and Breakfast for Learning
- Or visit the breakfast charities directly to make your own donation and find out more about the great work they’re doing to fight hunger in Canada. Breakfast Clubs of Canada and Breakfast for Learning
- Tweet your support using the hashtag #shareyourbreakfast
I hope you will help spread this important message and make mornings brighter for kids in need.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.