If you knew me in real life you’d know that I’ve never enjoyed the process of cleaning but I do love a clean house. This time of year is when Hubby and I always used to do HUGE Spring clean. Nowadays poor Hubby has to do most of the cleaning, with my disabilities I can only perform light housework which leaves him carrying the load of the clean-team.
I’ve always used cleaners which include harsh chemicals, the smells in our home were enough to clear it out. This was quite handy when I need quiet-time but frankly I know it can’t be good for us. Maybe it’s because I’ve become so aware of my health and that of our children but when I was presented the opportunity to review Green Works cleaning products I was inclined to do so. Frankly I wasn’t expecting much, in the past when I’ve tried “Green” products they just haven’t performed well and I hold a high-standard when it comes to cleanliness of our toilet. With 2 children, a husband and a pesky dog this is a chore.
More about Green Works:
- products are made with plant- and mineral-based cleaning ingredients
- are biodegradable and are naturally derived
- Green Works products are not tested on animals
- are acknowledged by the EPA’s Design for the Environment program
- You can find more information on these products here: http://www.trygreenworks.ca/
When I opened the package I was pleased to see all of the choices of products I received, I just knew Hubby would be so happy with his new gifts!
I personally used the glass and surface cleaner, the dish washing cleaner (water lily) and the biodegradable cleaning wipes. All of these had a soft scent, didn’t irritate my sensitive skin and were effective cleaners. I will be buying them in future.
Hubby used the all-purpose cleaner, the bathroom cleaner, and the toilet bowl cleaner. His verdict: thumbs up. Frankly I didn’t appreciate that the kids weren’t driven out of the house by the scent but I’ll get over it.
In the month of April Green Works has some promotions going on:
- Green Works will be hosting a twitter contest with London Drugs where customers can tweet their favorite Green Works Product to #WinWithGreenWorks for a chance to win 1 of 5 $500 London Drugs gift cards
- Green Works is teaming up with Sobeys for a promotion where you will receive 200 Sobeys Bonus points when you buy 2 Green Works products at Sobeys
- Wal-mart will be offering an exclusive “special priced” 2-pack with Green Works All-Purpose Cleaner and Dish Soap. Wal-mart is also the exclusive distributor for All-Purpose Cleaner refills. Finally, they have educational demos scheduled for the weekend of April 14 and 15th, where you can learn more about the naturally-derived Green Works products in-store at participating Wal-mart locations
Green Works has provided me with a gift pack to giveaway to one Canadian reader.
The Gift Pack contains:
- all-purpose cleaner
- toilet bowl cleaner
- multi-surface cleaner
- glass cleaner
- bathroom cleaner
- 2 dish liquids
- cleaning wipes
Contest runs from until April 14th, 2012, winner will have 48 hours to respond. Open to Canadian residents only. Please be advertised that you may enter across multiple blogs, but may only win one prize.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure– I am participating in the Green Works program. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. This is a personal blog. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of The Clorox Company of Canada Ltd.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.