I have a secret….well it’s not so secret because I tell everyone I know…but I’m super proud that I’ve managed to increase my children’s veggie intake by sneaking them into treats! It feels like a huge accomplishment when one of my darling girls asks for a treat and I smugly hand them a vegetable infused Not So Blondie Brownie.
Being the generous woman I am, I’m here to share my not so secret recipe with the world!
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Navy Bean puree (see below)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1 cup flour blend (see below)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
Navy Bean Puree
- Blend 1 can navy beans with 2 tablespoons of water in a food processor or blender until no full beans are visible.
- Combine 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup wheat germ.
Not So Blondie Brownie
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan, lightly dust with flour.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a mixer blend cooled sugar-butter mixture, navy bean puree, vanilla, eggs.
- Once well mixed add oat bran and flour blend until just combined then mix in chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Pour mixture into your baking pans and place on the middle rack of pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, before cutting into squares.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.