What kind of foodie would I be if I didn’t appreciate a good food hack? A food hacking has become sort of a movement, where we all are cooking tasty meals, using unexpected twists and elements of inspiration.
I am a food hack lover, if I can possibly have a delicious,nutritious meal to serve my family on busy nights in very little time….well sign a sister up.
I scour Pinterest, Instagram and blogs for food hacks and have often found solutions to my time crunch. Kraft Canada also appreciates a good hack and is amplifying in stores and online, showing consumers that when it comes to meal preparation, it can be as easy as “Get these. Do this. Done.
Kraft Canada is brining food hacking to a new level with the launch of a national talent search for our nation’s ULTIMATE Food Hacker.
The selected winning candidate will be Kraft Canada’s official Food Hacker, develop new Food Hacking recipes and drive food hacking content through Kraft social channels. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity comes with a one year contract including a total of $25,000 in compensation and a generous monthly food allowance designed to inspire creative food hacking solutions.
“We’re looking for someone who is dedicated to food hacking, has a big personality, is open to trying new things and — most importantly — loves to cook,” says Natalie Wallace, Brand Assistant, Kraft Canada.
Enter to be Kraft Canada’s Food Hacker
Think you got what it takes?
Starting on Tuesday, July 15, and running until Tuesday, August 5th, Food Hackers are encouraged to participate in the Competition via this link http://offerpop.com/
Help us spread the word by using the hashtag #IAmFoodHacks, and follow @FoodHacks on Twitter.For official competition guidelines and complete program details, please visit: http://offerpop.com/
Kraft Food Hacking Skills and Specifications
- Workmanship – Proficiency with all kitchen tools of the trade, including but not limited to sporks, splades and trongs
- Ingenuity – Thinking “outside the box” to develop recipes that avoid serving food “out of a box”
- Adventurous – Eagerness to embark on kitchen odysseys to discover and refine signature dishes;
- Digitally Savvy – You don’t use dial-up and you know how to express yourself within a 140 character limit.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Kraft Canada Food Hacker is a fearless kitchen leader who charts his/her own course with everyday ‘regular’ items and makes them new and exciting. Some of the roles and responsibilities include:
- Create and curate food hacks;
- Drive the Kraft food hacking conversation across the country;
- Be the face of food hacking for Kraft Canada;
- Smile for the camera online, in print and on TV;
Example of a Food Hack
One-Pot Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Everything goes in at once! The water, the seasonings and the pasta. Bring to a boil, then 12 minutes later you have a pot of perfectly cooked pasta!
Prep and Cook Time: 25 mins
- 220 g spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 cup halves cherry tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese
Bring spaghetti, water, tomatoes, onions, dressing and 1⁄4 basil to a boil in large skillet. Cook on medium heat 12 min. or until spaghetti is tender and most of the water is cooked off, stirring and turning spaghetti frequently with tongs. Add cheese; mix lightly. Top with remaining basil.