With the children back in school parents everywhere are looking for healthy school snack ideas and I have a fantastic answer! Each year I make these Blondie Brownies with hidden veggies and each time the kids are ecstatic with their ‘dessert’. I am equally pleased with the fact that these desserts are healthy and jammed with veggies.
There is nothing like pulling one over on my girls to make me feel accomplished! A resounding cheer is lifted in my brain with each bite.
Blondie Brownies With Hidden Veggies
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Navy Bean puree (see below)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1 cup flour blend (see below)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Navy Bean Puree
- Blend 1 can navy beans with 2 tablespoons of water in a food processor or blender until no full beans are visible.
- Combine 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup wheat germ.
Not So Blondie Brownie
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan, lightly dust with flour.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is just dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a mixer blend cooled sugar-butter mixture, navy bean puree, vanilla, eggs.
- Once well mixed add oat bran and flour blend until just combined then mix in chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Pour mixture into your baking pans and place on the middle rack of pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, before cutting into squares.
I hope your family enjoys these as much as we do, drop me a line if you make them to let me know!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.