The Christmas season is fast approaching which finds me in my kitchen spending the weekend baking up goodies in preparation for the Christmas cookie exchanges I participate in. I loves me a good cookie exchange! This is where a bunch of folks commit to preparing cookies and treats, then we all come together and get to take away a dozen of whatever recipe each person has made. The first time I was invited to an exchange I tried a VERY complicated recipe and learned my lesson…I am much more suited to finding simple, delicious recipes to exchange with my friends otherwise I just don’t have fun at all.
I have been asked by Burnbrae Farms to share a recipe with you all which would be perfect for a cookie exchange. Last year I had the chance to do this and I shared my Turtle Thumbprint Cookie recipe which is sooooo good! With baking I’ve found the key is to only use quality ingredients. Burnbrae Farms is the egg supplier of choice for our family; they are Canadian and family-owned which is a win-win for us. They have tons of delicious recipes to choose from on the Burnbrae Farms Recipe Nest, if you’re looking for dessert ideas head over there.
So…on to my simple recipe!
EASY Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages cream cheese (250 grams or 8 oz block), softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs – I used Burnbrae Farms Shell Eggs
- 1 cup raspberry pie filling
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F
Mix crumbs, butter and 2 tbsp. sugar and press onto the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until well blended. Add in the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended then pour into the crust.
Spoon dollops of raspberry pie filling over the top surface of the cream cheese mixture. Take a toothpick and swirl the raspberry filling around, into the cream cheese mixture.
Bake for 55 minutes or until the centre is almost set. Remove from the oven and run a knife around the edges to loosen.
Burnbrae Farms GIVEAWAY!
To celebrate the Holidays, Burnbrae Farms is holding a giveaway!! Head over HERE and you will have a chance to WIN the Ultimate Baking Kitchen Prize pack which includes:
- KitchenAid Professional 600 Series Mixer
- Wilton Expert Plus Choice 16 Piece Baking Set
- Burnbrae Farms Gift Basket including Naturegg and Burnbrae Farms product coupons
#CookieEggChange Twitter Party
Join the #CookieEggChange Twitter party on November 24th at 9 pm EST!
- Date: Tuesday, November 24th, 2015
- Time: 9 pm EST
- Hashtag: #CookieEggChange
- Hosts: @BurnbraeFarms, @SJConsulting_CA
- Panelists: @MyChaos, @Merry120, @SpaceshipsLB
- Eligibility: Open to Canada excluding Quebec
Prizing: The 10 prizes consist of:
- 1 Kitchen Aid mixer + $125 BBF gift pack
- 1 iPad Mini with 1 recipe stand + $125 BBF gift pack
- (8) BBF gift packs (value $125 each)
Come join us for some great conversation, prizing and FUN! RSVP below, prizing is open to residents of Canada 18+, excluding Quebec.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.