Speroway, formerly known as “Feed the Children – Canada,” is a registered charity in Canada who is intent on helping children and families in need. They partner with Canadians and provide food, medicine, education and other life essentials.
“What does Speroway mean? Our unique name combines Spero, the Latin word for “hope”, with way, representing the path we follow. Pronounced spare-o-way, it represents a hopeful way forward, both for our organization and the people we assist.”
Speroway has a variety of programs on the go:
- First Nations – “For the past five summers, the children on the Mishkeegogamang reserve have enjoyed an amazing Day-Camp experience.“
- Food Drops – “In Canada, Speroway is addressing the reality of domestic poverty through its work with First Nations communities, Family Food Box Program and ongoing distribution of food and other commodities.“
- Medical Teams – “We will soon be embarking on our 9th Medical Team. Thanks to the generous support of Canadians like you, the poorest of the poor are receiving medical care they could otherwise not afford.”
- Feed A Child – “Since 1979, we have fed hungry children in 118 countries. Through Feed-A-Child, caring friends of Speroway, called World Partners are literally saving lives. As a World Partner, your minimum monthly gift of $10 will help us Feed-A-Child.”
- Abandoned Baby Center – “Every day, babies are abandoned in Kenya, their parents lost to epidemics, famine, violence, and poverty. Many of these babies have been abandoned because of the AIDS pandemic that has killed up to 700 people a day in Kenya. Due to these circumstances, desperately poor and sick mothers are abandoning their infants.”
- Child Champions – “Wouldn’t changing the life and future of a child be one of the best things you could ever do? Well, that’s exactly what happens when you sponsor a child and become a Child Champion.”
With their name change, Speroway is running the Raise Money For Haiti Contest to raise awareness of their new name, new website, new Facebook page… new all around. What isn’t new is their love for helping children, “Delivering hope to needy children”, is their motto. Their main reason is to raise awareness about all they do and to increase donations so Speroway can build a medical clinic in Haiti.
The Grand Prize Gift Basket includes:
- 1 – iPad HD 2012 (16GB)
- $500 WaySpa Gift Card
- Cineplex Night Out Gift Pack for 4
- 2 “Big Kaboodle” combo packs from Mabel’s Labels
This contest is open to CANADA, excluding Quebec. A full list of rules and regulations can be found: http://www.winwithsperoway.com/Rules-and-Regulations
Contest Period: April 26, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time and ends on June 22, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
This contest is a “SHARE & WIN” – once you enter the contest you will receive one ballot. The you can receive more ballots by sharingyour contest PURL with their online connections. There are 3 easy share buttons at the end of the entry form; Facebook, Twitter and Email, but any and all social channels can be used. You simply have to cut and paste your PURL where you want to share it.