Our family loves deserts and we often make everyday deserts with COOL WHIP whipped topping . We have a pool which means our girls are out being active and building an appetite swimming every evening. This often presents a challenge for me, it’s not always easy to come up with simple, delicious ideas for everyday desserts by the pool, but by adding a dollop of COOL WHIP any fresh fruit my girls think I’ve created an exciting treat for them.
Tonight I made a very special dessert for Father’s Day, which we were very impressed with. This was my first attempt at using ice cream in a pie and it was simple and delicious.
This pie serves 8 people and you can substitute the flavor of ice cream to suit your taste.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie with COOL WHIP
- 1-1/4 cup Oreo crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 gallon peanut butter ice cream, softened
- 1 (1L) container COOL WHIP
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 5 sliced strawberries
- Combine Oreo crumbs with melted butter and press into a greased 9 by 13 inch pan.
- In a bowl combine ice cream, 1/2 of COOL WHIP. Place on top of crust and sprinkle with chocolate chips, freeze until firm.
- After frozen, spread the rest of the COOL WHIP on top and dress with strawberry slices. Serve from frozen.
Do you have a special dessert you’d like to share? Enter COOL WHIP’s Fan Dessert of the Month Contest for a chance to win $500! Simply make a COOL WHIP dessert, take a photo, and upload it here. Enter now!
Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content. I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.