As the clocked ticked down to the hour my children returned from school today I was wracking my brain for an afternoon snack. The pantry is relatively bare today and I was intent that I’d keep up with our healthier choices and not fall back on pre-packaged sweets.
Thankfully I found a half a tub of Greek yogurt in the fridge, some fresh strawberries and frozen raspberries. These 3 ingredients inspired me to make this Berry Greek Yogurt Parfait.
This is a super-simple recipe which takes about 5 minutes and makes 2 servings.
Berry Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt, depending on how much you want to make
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup of raspberry puree (make your own by blending with 2 tablespoons water, strain to remove seeds)
- 1/2 cup of strawberries, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup granola
- Mix yogurt with maple syrup and vanilla
- Begin by placing 2 tablespoons of yogurt into the cup
- Next layer on 3 tablespoons of raspberry puree
- Add in pieces of strawberry
- Now add a layer of granola
- Repeat steps 2-4 and finish by topping with some granola and pieces of strawberries
My girls thoroughly enjoyed it and were quite miffed when they realized I didn’t have more. Looks like I’ll be off to the grocery store for provisions tomorrow!
This looks soooooooooo good! The photos are gorgeous!
Thanks Christine, funny how the lighting matters soooo much!
Awesome photos! The parfaits look soooooooo good!
Rosie, Mum says
Time for more -please?