As the clocked ticked down to the hour my children returned from school today I was wracking my brain for an afternoon snack. The pantry is relatively bare today and I was intent that I’d keep up with our healthier choices and not fall back on pre-packaged sweets.
Thankfully I found a half a tub of Greek yogurt in the fridge, some fresh strawberries and frozen raspberries. These 3 ingredients inspired me to make this Berry Greek Yogurt Parfait.
This is a super-simple recipe which takes about 5 minutes and makes 2 servings.
Berry Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt, depending on how much you want to make
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup of raspberry puree (make your own by blending with 2 tablespoons water, strain to remove seeds)
- 1/2 cup of strawberries, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup granola
- Mix yogurt with maple syrup and vanilla
- Begin by placing 2 tablespoons of yogurt into the cup
- Next layer on 3 tablespoons of raspberry puree
- Add in pieces of strawberry
- Now add a layer of granola
- Repeat steps 2-4 and finish by topping with some granola and pieces of strawberries
My girls thoroughly enjoyed it and were quite miffed when they realized I didn’t have more. Looks like I’ll be off to the grocery store for provisions tomorrow!