Welcome to Christmas Cookie Week 2013! This year, 8 bloggers have come together to share a daily recipe for yummy and delicious cookies that we hope will inspire you during this season of Christmas baking!
We come from different parts of Canada, with one friend joining us from Alabama, but we all share a joy of baking which makes for love…fresh from the oven!
Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life In The Suburbs
Today I’ve chosen a super-simple Christmas cookie to share with you all. It is a recipe which comes from Hershey’s Kitchen that my family asks for because they adore the lovely flavours.
Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses Cookies:
- 48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar or powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.
Ricki Jill Treleaven says
Aw, these are so cute! And they serve the double duty of treat and decoration! We love anything mint flavored, so these would be a hit in our home.
YAY for #ChristmasCookies week!!!
I can’t wait to see what you’ve baked for tomorrow!
Thanks Ricki, so wonderful to be participating with a great bunch!!
Wow! I love the contrasting colours of the cookies Julie! Gorgeous and they look yummy too! Pinned them! Happy Cookie Week! Thank you so much for joining in! Angie xo
Those peppermint Kisses are my undoing…I love them so much! And in a cookie?! I must make these!
Donna Sinclair @ anangloinquebec says
These looks fabulous! I love the look of them and I bet they are tasty too!
These are so cute and festive! I’ve made similar cookies with peanut butter, but yours look so much better! Adding this to my Holiday baking list!!
Grace @ sense and simplicity says
Those cookies sure win in the looks department and given that your family asks for them every year, I’m assuming they win in the taste department too. I love how festive they look.