Getting going in the mornings isn’t always easy, we are rushed and don’t take enough time to make a proper breakfast. We all know the saying “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day” but when I’m running around like a chicken with its head cut off I rarely stop to make food.
Apparently I’m a person who needs to pre-plan my meals in order to eat a healthy diet. I’ve been eating my EASY Ham & Egg Cups and decided to modify it to ramp up the health factor. This Power Egg White Cups recipe I’ve come up with includes Spinach which is a super-food in my world. As a Burnbrae Farms ambassador I’m proud to share this recipe with you and more in the coming months.
Spinach is high in vitamin K and also contains calcium and magnesium – a combo that may help slow the breakdown of bone that occurs as you get older – as well as folate, a B vitamin that helps prevent birth defects.
Egg whites are a good source of protein, cholesterol free, fat free and a source of Niacin and Riboflavin. Combine that with the benefits of spinach and you’re golden with this breakfast.
Power Egg White Cups
- 1 cup Naturegg Simply Egg Whites
- 1 cup of baby spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup lean or fat free ham, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray
- Place spinach, ham and feta in each cup
- Pour Naturegg Simply Egg Whites into each cup, filling to 3/4 full
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the egg whites are firm
Find out more about the benefits of eggs on the Burnbrae Farms website HERE.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am participating in the Burnbrae Farms Brand Ambassador program. All opinions are 100% my own.