We have just returned from a glorious week spent on the Carnival Liberty. While on our voyage we had the amazing experience of attending the sold out Carnival Live concert performance by Journey!! What an honour it was to have been invited as a media attendee, I mean who dreams of going on a cruise and seeing one of your favourite bands in an intimate concert?
Thanks to the Carnival Live concert series, you can!!
In 2014 Carnival began offering amazing concerts to their cruising friends, and with the 2015 lineup they’re setting the bar high.
This year if you’re cruising fromMiami, Port Canaveral, Tampa, and Jacksonville, Fla; Charleston, S.C.; and Galveston, Texas you can see some of your favourite bands in the ship’s theatre. Take a moment to imagine this, it’s not an arena folks…we’re talking less than 1500 people who are being served drinks and enjoying the comfy atmosphere while rocking out.
Unfortunately we weren’t allowed to bring in our dslr cameras, but I did my best with my cell phone to try and capture some photos for you all.
Journey blew us away, the energy was electric and the vibe amazing. The venue is comfy, no arena seats here folks! There are upholstered benches with tables for your drinks which servers deliver upon ordering. This is the way to see a concert in style. We sat to the right of the stage with a few rows in front of us, we had amazing seating but really there is NO bad seating in the place.
Tickets for the Carnival Live series of concerts range from $35-$60 USD which is less than traditional concerts. If you’d like to upgrade to VIP there are tickets ranging from $125-$250USD which offers seating in the first four rows, an artist meet and greet, a souvenir photo with the artist and a commemorative concert pass.
Carnival Live Schedule
The 2015 Carnival LIVE Concert Series began with Journey in St. Thomas and features one or more major artist each month. Band will perform shows on Carnival ships docked in Cozumel, Nassau and of course St. Thomas.
- The award-winning Little Big Town brings their unmistakable sound to “Fun Ships” in Nassau for three appearances on (March 30 and 31 and April 1).
- Guests “Cruisin’” to see Smokey Robinson sing timeless classics from his 50-year music career can catch the icon April 21, 22 and 23 in Cozumel.
- In May, country trio Rascal Flatts, one of the top-selling live artists in any genre, will perform a series of three shows for guests in Cozumel (May 5, 6 and 7).
- Rock fans are invited to “Come Sail Away” to see one of four Styx concerts to be performed in Nassau (June 16, 17, 18 and 20).
Tips for Carnival Live Concert Series:
- As soon as you book your cruise, book your concert! These concerts are in high demand and there were many disappointed folks who couldn’t get into the sold out show.
- Turn off the flash! While most bands welcome cameras, remember to turn off your flash or the concert employees will want a word with you.
- Arrive early for General Admission. Seats are not assigned so get there early to get the best seats but don’t worry, there aren’t any bad seats.
- Wait for the encore. Journey gave a tremendous encore…one lucky fan even got some drumsticks as his momento.
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post, I was invited to cruise and attend the concert however an article was not required. Thank you to Carnival for the opportunity.
Doris Calvert says
I am sold, Styx and Rascal Flats, woohoo!
What a remarkable experience! We love cruising on Carnival and combining a fantastic cruise with a great concert = best idea ever!
I emailed my travel agent right after I saw this post to look into cruises for 2016.