For myself and my family, summer has always been about the wonderful connections we make and the delicious food we enjoy along the way. There is nothing quite like spending time in your own backyard, firing up the barbecue and sharing the events of the day together!
While I love grilling, I really value a recipe that allows me to express a creativity with the dish, but that is also easy to make. Summer entertaining means having enough time to enjoy the experience, sunshine and all! Some of my favourite recipe must-haves are Summer Fresh. They offer a wonderful selection of hummus and dips that compliment any meal. There really is a Summer Fresh product out there for everyone! To create my Chicken Cheese Fries, I went with McCain® Superfries Crinkle Cut as the base for the dish. After all, you need a crisp, delicious fry for this dish to really hit it out of the park!
Before I made a firm decision on what recipe I would be featuring at my most recent backyard party, I chose the perfect Summer Fresh dip. They have tons to choose from, but their Spinach Dip called to my taste buds. The dip is made with fresh spinach and mixed veggies, which I just couldn’t pass up!
Ingredients for Chicken Cheese Fries:
- McCain Fries (they have a huge selection and you can go with your favourite)
- Chicken (cooked and shredded)
- Cheese (I am a huge fan of a classic cheddar. You can check out Grande Cheese for great options)
- Seasoning for the chicken (I went with onion powder and roasted peppers & garlic)
- Summer Fresh Dip
- Cook/grill your chicken as desired. Season the chicken appropriately and once cooked, shred with a fork.
- Cook McCain Fries as directed on package
- Grate cheese.
- Place shredded chicken and grated cheese on top of fries. Heat in oven/grill until the cheese is melted.
- Plate with Summer Fresh Spinach Dip
Whether you are planning a large get-together with company or a small backyard evening with close friends, these Chicken Cheese Fries will be the talk of the party.
You can also check out more Summer Fresh on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Rick F says
Hmm, those look really good.
Heidi C. says
What a yummy bowl of goodness and decadence!
kathy downey says
Oh my those look sinfully delicious