If you pop into my house at any given time, you will likely get a whiff of doTERRA Peppermint essential oil either in the air, or on one of our bodies. This is due to the simple fact that Peppermint essential oil has SO MANY uses and I can pretty much guarantee that I am always using it for SOMETHING!
Today I am going to share with you my Top Ten favourite uses for doTERRA Peppermint essential oil (in no particular order) – and if you have any other uses that are in your top ten list, please share them with me and my readers!
I have to pause here to ask you to double check the quality of the essential oils you purchase because they are not created equally. We use only dōTERRA products because I am confident with the purity (no fillers) and potency.
**Please note: I am not a doctor, I am a user of essential oils and these opinions are my own. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or Health Canada. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.**
If you’d like more information on dōTERRA just fire me an email at email@example.com or head over to my page Getting Started with dōTERRA Essential Oils Page.
10 Uses for Peppermint Essential Oil
- Headache – If anyone in the house has a headache brewing, you can bet that I’m reaching for doTERRA Peppermint essential oil. A couple of dabs on your temples and the nape of your neck go a long way in providing headache relief.
- Cough/Cold – Peppermint essential oil is often in my diffuser…especially during cold and flu season. Peppermint essential oil is known to provide relief with coughs and reduce symptoms of nausea by being diffused
- Stomach Upset – I’m focused on eating healthy but every now and then I decide to “treat” myself to something that I shouldn’t. I always regret the treat rather quickly as bloating and indigestion sets in. But a couple of drops of Peppermint essential oil in an 8oz glass of water provides me with quick relief
- Fresh Breath – One of my favourite products with doTerra is the Peppermint essential oil beadlets. A drop of peppermint is in a little bead and provides an instant fix for bad breath without all of the sugar in piece of gum or a mint
- Sore Muscles – Nothing feels better after a long day than a hot bath. A few drops of Peppermint essential oil in the water, or even better, a few drops mixed with some epsom salts is just what you need!
- Cool Down – In the summertime when the weather is smokin’ hot, I put 5-10 drops of Peppermint essential oil in a spray bottle with some water and use it to cool down the kids when they come inside after playing outside. They love it!! I also apply it to the back of my neck when I am having a dreaded hot-flash
- Sunburn Relief -Peppermint essential oil can hydrate burnt skin and relieve the pain from sunburns. You can mix peppermint oil with a bit of coconut oil and apply it directly to the affected area
- Tasty Treat – My kids have been spending some time experimenting in the kitchen over the summer holidays and decided to spice up our traditional brownie recipe by adding a drop of Peppermint essential oil into the batter – NEW FAVOURITE HOLIDAY TREAT!!
- Skin – Peppermint essential oil has a calming effect on skin inflammation. Mix peppermint essential oil with coconut oil and apply to any skin imperfections or inflammations to help calm things down
- Insects – Tis the season for the creepy creatures…yup, ants….did you know that a few drops of Peppermint essential oil on a cotton ball near their entry point in the house will keep them out? You can also use your diffuser with Peppermint essential oil outside on the deck to keep pesky insects away! Awesome
Peppermint is just one of those amazing essential oils that you will always find in my oil toolkit. It has so many great household uses and I can’t wait to hear how you use your peppermint??