Our Christmas entertaining has officially begun and today I’m pleased to be sharing an EASY appetizer recipe with you. My Stuffed Chicken Bites are a perfect choice when you have folks coming over. This is a recipe that’s great for people who are eating clean, paleo or keto. I’ve chosen to use chicken bacon with this baby and I have to say it’s delicious.
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions on this blog are my own.
With just over a week left until Christmas, I’ve managed to get a bit of baking in the freezer and most of my gifts purchased but I know there is still a ton to do. Top of the list is to deep clean the house! Somehow I can ignore the baseboards and corners until the busier times of the year when we are having guests…then it really matters!!
To say that life is hectic right now is an understatement so finding delicious, EASY recipes is a must for me.
Stuffed Chicken Bites
Don’t worry that this recipe is so simple that it will lack taste…the combination of the pesto, feta and chicken will amaze you. For this recipe I used Maple Lodge Farms boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I find the quality to be very high with this product and frankly I love that it is chicken which is raised on an Ontario farm. Shopping local when I can matters. I also chose to use Maple Lodge Farms Original Chicken Bacon because it’s a good choice when I’m having guests who are watching their fat intake and it tastes wonderful.
This time I used store-bought pesto but if you’d prefer you can make your own.
The ingredient amounts really depend upon your own tastes but I’m sharing the amounts I used to make 12 Stuffed Chicken Bites.
- 1 large Maple Lodge Farms boneless, skinless chicken breast – cut into cubes, slice in half partway (leave a bit not sliced at the end so you can fold it back over)
- 6 Maple Lodge Farms Original Chicken Bacon strips – cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
Ok so to begin, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. While the oven is heating, cut the chicken breast in to 12 1.5 inch cubes. Next you’ll slice chicken breast cubes in half, leaving a bit at the end so you can fold it over once we stuff it. Fold out cubes and spread pesto onto each cube.
Sprinkle feta onto each piece of chicken breast…this is where it’s up to you how much. I put as much as I can!!
Fold chicken over carefully, keeping pesto and feta in the centre and wrap each cube in chicken bacon and secure with a toothpick.
Bake for 20 mins or until chicken reaches 165 degrees F. and enjoy!
- 1 large Maple Lodge Farms boneless, skinless chicken breast - cut into cubes, slice in half partway (leave a bit not sliced at the end so you can fold it back over)
- 6 Maple Lodge Farms Original Chicken Bacon strips - cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup pesto
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut chicken in to 12 1 inch cubes
- Slice chicken breast cubes in half, leaving a bit at the end so you can fold it over
- Fold out cubes and spread pesto onto each cube
- Sprinkle feta onto each piece of chicken breast
- Fold chicken over carefully, keeping pesto and feta in the centre
- Wrap each cube in chicken bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 20 mins or until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
HOLIDAY ENTERTAINING GUIDE
Through to the new year I will be sharing several delicious appetizer, meal and dessert recipes to help you entertain guests and family through the holidays in my Holiday Entertaining Guide. This recipe is part of the Holiday guide; make sure you check back for other new delicious recipes.