For those moments when I need to refresh and replenish my energy, I love to find time to try a delicious recipe! To add to the ease of this recipe, I decided to use the crockpot for Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Soup!
It is hard to imagine that we are already almost into the second month of 2020. I have been keeping myself busy, or rather life has been.
CROCKPOT BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP
It is always nice when I have the ingredients for a new recipe on hand. This recipe has many staples that you probably already have in your kitchen!
With long winter days still ahead of us, this is perfect to enjoy on those cold nights! The whole family will enjoy the creaminess of this dish and not too spicy!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
- 1 cup of roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, diced
- Tortilla chips
- Green onions for garnish
- Step 1: In your crockpot, add chicken stock.
- Step 2: Next add chicken and cook on high for 2-3 hours. When chicken is tender, shred.
- Step 3-3c: In a medium skillet, melt butter. Add flour and whisk constantly for 1 minute. Add heavy whipping cream and whisk constantly for 2 minutes. This is your cream base.
- Steps 4-10: Add remaining ingredients, including cream base except the shredded cheese.
- Step 11: Blend all the ingredients together well and cook for 2 hours on low.
- Step 12: Stir in 1 ½ cups of cheese to crockpot mixture. Continue to cook on low for an additional 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining cheese and green onions or avocado. Serve with tortilla chips or crusty bread.